Saturday, July 23, 2011

On the way

I'm writing this from Tokyo airport, what could be described as half way there. I've had two flights to get here and two more to get into mongolia. I should pick up owen and his parents at the next stop in beijing. For the last couple of days I've just been nervous about whether i've got all the kit, whether I've made all the Right plans etc.

Now I can't do anything about it, I'm just focussed on getting to the start line and getting going. From my 7 day cycle I remember what was mentally toughest. The first half of the first day is tough - the sheer feat ahead is daunting and that first moment of fatigue so early in the race is a killer. Then the middle is tough. Hurting but no end anywhere near sight. Finally, the last day is physically the worst but mentally you know you'll make it by then.

I just really Want to finish this! I know I'm prepared but you never know what will happen out there.

Next stop Mongolia

No comments:

Post a Comment